Hello! I'm MonikaCounsellor
How I Became a Counsellor
I feel very passionate about counselling and the difference it can make to a person’s life. Hence, I enjoy this work. It is a privilege for me to listen to my clients’ stories and to be part of their journey and growth. I experienced counselling myself which was invaluable and it continues to have an impact on me. It helped me to understand my thoughts, feelings and behaviour better and it enriched my life.
My counselling career started in 2015 and I qualified as a counsellor in 2018. Since then, I have continued with my professional development. I am a registered and accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
I have a private practice in Taunton and I also work for a local counselling charity. Over the past 5 years, I have volunteered and worked for counselling services that offer affordable counselling to the local community.
My background is in working with young people in care and with families. I have a very good understanding of child development including the impact of childhood trauma.
Furthermore, I have experience of living abroad among different cultures. I am fluent in English and German.
I love the outdoors, dogs and a nice cup of tea. 🙂
Qualifications & Training
- Master Degree in Educational Sciences, Psychology and Anglistics / American Studies
- Certificate in Counselling
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Online and Telephone Counselling
- Walk and Talk Workshop, Member of Walk and Talk Network Group
- Couples Counselling
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- The Art of Psychodynamic Therapy
- Various Training Modules on Attachment e.g. Adult Attachment Behaviour